In this video, we explore empathetic approaches, self-care strategies, and effective coping mechanisms to help therapists navigate the emotional and professional hurdles that may arise. Want to learn more about Anxiety Training? Learn more about our foundation training here.
Video Takeaways & Timestamps
- Managing anxiety and OCD in clients. 0:11
- Clinicians acknowledge personal anxiety when working with severely anxious clients and validate each other’s experiences.
- Urgency and hope for mental health improvement. 1:27
- Kimberly and Elizabeth acknowledge the urgency to help clients get better despite feeling hopeless.
- Trusting the therapeutic process and setting realistic expectations. 2:59
- Therapists use “trust the process” and “give us a year” phrases to help clients see progress and manage anxiety.
- CBT with ERP and managing anxiety. 4:18
- CBT with ERP shows continued improvement after therapy, even in clients’ daily lives.