In this insightful discussion, we unpack the reasons behind the hesitation to confront fears head-on and provide practical solutions to navigate and overcome the natural inclination to delay exposure. Want to learn more about Anxiety Training? Learn more about our foundation training here.
Video Takeaways & Timestamps
- Anticipatory anxiety in therapy sessions. 0:09
- Clients may resist exposure therapy due to anticipatory anxiety, which can be addressed by educating them about its causes.
- Homework and anticipatory anxiety. 1:54
- Elizabeth DuPont Spencer advises clients to complete homework earlier to avoid anticipatory anxiety.
- Helping clients overcome anxiety and procrastination. 2:55
- Clients learn to recognize and challenge excuses for procrastination, regain agency over decision-making.